Monday, August 31, 2015

J,M.W turner

Hi this week this week we were told to write about one of our favorite artist J.M.W turner is my favorite artist because his art is so in depth and beautiful.
Joseph Mallord William Turner was born on April 23 1775 in London . He died on December 19 1851.
This is my favorite piece and it is called The Fighting Temeraire. Mainly because of the sky and how it was done It was made with oil paint. The thing that gave him this idea was The Fighting Temeraire which in this picture is being tugged into harbor. What I like about this is how its so beautiful.
This one is called slave ship again my favorite bit is the sky the reason I like him is because he does sky's so well. This one was painted with oil paints like the other. In this painting it shows slaves that are dead or dying being thrown over board and a typhoon coming. The reasons why I like this one is because it shows the times that he was in really well. The other reason is because the waves look so well.



7 comments: