Tuesday, March 22, 2016

I jumped off a bridge..... (into water) At camp

It was way bigger this little thing.
(but it fits in with all the Simpsons stuff I put on)
So hi I'm back from a week out in the bush away from internet and cell phone reception at the camp called Hillary outdoors education centre. What did I find most challenging I hear you asking well at the beginning it was making myself do the heights  but once I started to get used to it went really far. One of things we did was abseiling at the high ropes course to get up to the drop we had to climb up a massive rock wall. At first I was thinking I would only go 2/5 of the way up but I just forgot about my goal and kept going and going up to the top where Mahon said "m'lady." So yeah then the other challenging thing was the beginning of the cave but I just powered through and all the glow worms sort of pushed me through all the hard times.
What did I find easy well if you count not having control of your body as you plummet towards a freezing cold river. Canoeing I found quite easy because I am used to rowing an
d stuff like that so it wasn't such a struggle except the fact that I was sitting on a bar in the middle. The thing with sitting on a wooden bar is that it stazrts to hurt very quickly so I just tried to shuffle round and fined a comfortable position it didn't happen.
I believe I can fly
(It was our team theme song)
It was kind of what I expected but not really the food I was expecting to be bad but the rest just blew me away. I had heard stories of the flying fox but still it surprised me.
My proudest moment was probably getting to the top of the really big rock climbing wall because normally I can baerly start but all the support and tips from my friends was great.
My favourite moment was probably being on the flying fox and looking down to the river that was absolutely beautiful. The fact that I got to hang over it and only hear the sound of the river rushing down and the birds singing it was just great.

4 comments:

  1. I BELIEVE I CAN FLY HOOOOOOOOO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I BELIEVE I CAN TOUCH THE SKY (WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO)

      Delete
  2. Awesome post William - you were fantastic at camp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Will you expanded your comfort zone a lot

    ReplyDelete